August 2, 2018
Life has been a bit wild lately…well really since I left for Ghana but I guess that’s the fun of it! I figure since it has been some time, I would give y’all a little updated on what I’ve been up to 🙂
This is my silly lil’ sunshine. Here are a few reasons I got this…
A constant reminder to be a light for the Lord
A constant reminder to radiate joy, light and positivity
The sun is the source of life for all life
and i thought it was cute…i also drew it on
1 Corinthians 13
Build others up with love
I also drew this lil baby too and most of the time, I forget it is there
– – – – –
2. I TURNED 21!!!! This is the only picture I have from my birthday and this is also my last trotro ride of my time in Ghana. Me and a few of my friends when to one of my favorite, reasonably priced restaurants, Champs. I got me some real good chicken nugs and motz sticks. We then headed back to campus and I studied for my final I had the next morning 🙂
3. The next day, I left Ghana! Man, that was such a bitter sweet day. Those four months seemed like they were lasting forever at the time but looking back, I would give just about anything to have them back. I have been asked more times than I can count if I miss Ghana and the short answer to that, yes. I miss the people, the culture, the simplicity. I miss my lack of responsibilities and not having the constant pressure to have my life figured out. I also really miss who I was in Ghana. The people you surround yourself with and the situations your immerse yourself in bring out different characteristics from within you that you might not have known were there. There were a lot of traits I never knew I even had in me that came out while I was gone and I miss that. Don’t get me wrong, I am okay with the responsibilities that I have here and I do love the privileges I have being an American and living in the states but I do miss my life there.
4. I have been able to see some of my favorite people that I missed most! I included this picture because out of the past 3 years, Kristin and I have taken exactly 3 good pictures and this is one of them!
5. I have been taking summer classes. This is the first summer since I was probably 16 that I haven’t worked in some capacity. While I have done some house and dog sitting this summer, my main focus has been summer classes. I’ve spent the last 8 weeks taking Microbiology. The nerd in me absolutely loved the class, I just hated having every Tuesday and Thursday from 10am-3pm occupied. I just started taking an intensive learning Medical Terminology course as well. Even though I enjoy it and I’m only half way done, I am beyond ready for it to be over. Between these two classes, by the end of this week, I will have had 6 madetory practice exams, 7 actual exams and one of those was my micro final. I am not complaining because this is what I signed up (and paid) for. Plus, mom and dad haven’t been on me about cleaning anything because I have been studying all week 😉 but goodness, am I ready for school to be over before real school gets back in full swing.
6. I have been getting caught up on all of those Indiana sunsets that I missed so many of (heart eyes X 10)
7. I bought my first Polaroid camera from an auction on shopgoodwill.com and I love it! What I don’t love is how expensive the film is or how bad I am at taking pictures on it (exposure is a pain in the bum) but it’s still fun. I have taken 10 pictures on it and I am not kidding you when I say, the one of Hadley and I is LITERALLY the ONLY one to turn out. I am working on it though.
8. Last but not least, I just got back from moving my friend Jaice from Nashville to California! We took a lot of pictures at some really cool places so keep an eye out for those blog posts coming soon 🙂